About Voicemale: a Fremantle-based bunch of blokes who sing with lusty gusto or tender understatement as the situation demands. Prepared to try just about anything, they even, as a fledgling group, took a punt on entering the National Folk Festival in Canberra, where they wowed an appreciative audience and were treated like minor Folk Stars, which polished their egos nicely to a dark rusty colour. Their general good spirits are now insufferable.
They meet every Monday night at St Paul’s Church Hall at 7.30 pm. They are an open choir, accepting all interested singers with pretentions (or practical experience) of down-to-earth Blokiness. In other words you don’t need to audition to join. Their emphasis is on good-humoured enjoyment of singing a wide ranging repertoire which includes Eastern European songs, African and Islander rhythmic clapping, pop/rock, and folk/traditional – in short just about anything.
Upcoming Performances being planned (watch this space)
- 3 MarchSongFest@Busselton Fringe
- 13-16 April Choral Fest 2019
- 17-19 May Fremantle SongFest
- 7 July Voice Moves Winter Choir Bash????
- 16-18 August Desert Heart SongFest – Kalgoorlie
07 September Voice Moves Beverley Choir Bash ???
– Date to be Confirmed!
- 13-15 September Guildford SongFest
- 08-10 November Dunsborough SongFest
- 01 December Voice Moves Christmas Choir Bash??