About Voicemale: a Fremantle-based bunch of blokes who sing with lusty gusto or tender understatement as the situation demands. Prepared to try just about anything, they even, as a fledgling group, took a punt on entering the National Folk Festival in Canberra, where they wowed an appreciative audience and were treated like minor Folk Stars, which polished their egos nicely to a dark rusty colour. Their general good spirits are now insufferable.
They meet every Monday night at St Paul’s Church Hall at 7.30 pm. They are an open choir, accepting all interested singers with pretentions (or practical experience) of down-to-earth Blokiness. In other words you don’t need to audition to join. Their emphasis is on good-humoured enjoyment of singing a wide ranging repertoire which includes Eastern European songs, African and Islander rhythmic clapping, pop/rock, and folk/traditional – in short just about anything.
Upcoming Performances being planned (watch this space)
- Hilltop Harmonies, 7pm 16th June, St Barnabas’, Kalamunda, with A Kappella Munda and Black Chook Chutney.
- St Paul’s fete, Last Week end in November, unless we’re in Tblisi
- our November tour of Georgia (i.e. Tblisi)
- Christmas Eve singalong TBC
- Christmas Gigs St. Johns and Clancies- TBC.